So it's 4:15 a.m. and I can't sleep. I've been up all night with Meghan. She's finally passed out but that was after spending 5 hours with her in the rocking chair.
We had this little ray of hope in that in the last 2 weeks as she's slept through the night twice. She seemed to being doing a lot better for that first week and a half, but somehow something happened and now she's pretty much right back where we started and truthfully the last 2 days much worse. We are so frustrated.
We already vacuum the house every night after the kids are in bed (and I feel horribly guilty if I miss a night). We've already probably offended some people by asking them not to wear anything smelly around Meghan because Dr. Welch told us that anyone who comes near Meghan can't have any type of cologne, perfume, lotions, creams or anything that carries a smell. Now we're implementing a no shoes in the house rule so no one tracks anything into the house (please don't be offended if you stop by and we ask you to remove your shoes before you come in. Oh yeah, and cute socks would help!).
She just can't sleep because she's so stuffy. Even if you rock her, even if she snuggles with you in bed, this poor baby is unable to get into a really good sleep most of the time. She is a perpetual dozer. Mom & I have logged more hours in the rocking chair that American Airlines puts in their flight logs. I thank God for my mom's patience every day. She drives 80 miles every day to take care of her and trust me it's not an easy job. We are so very thankful for her efforts.
We just don't understand how such a tiny thing could have this problem. I am so frustrated and exhausted that neither one of us can barely function at work. Every night I ask Heavenly Father to take whatever it is that is afflicting her and give it to me to bear. Reaching a little maybe, but I'll do anything at this point.
Oh well......only 26 more days before we can go back to Dr. Welch and see what else we can possibly do for this poor angel. Maybe I can sleep now that I've vented! Anyone got a Red Bull?
3.01.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment