So today we started out OK at school. Until I tried to leave and Matt attached himself to my leg. Luckily the principal called him and had him be the "line" leader today. So he went along with it and I left feeling happy that she already knew Matt's name. I rush off to work, work straight through until I have to leave to go get Matt. I leave work, fly to school to get him, sit in line in the school parking lot for 15 minutes. As soon as I turned the corner and got one look at Matt, I knew that the ideal kindergarten day did NOT happen today. Today they had spaghetti & meatballs. I forgot this until I saw him after school because he had his entire lunch (including his red Gatorade) all over his white shirt. Somehow he even managed to get it on the back of his shirt. So I think to myself, OK, I can try to get it out and maybe rid the world of most of its chlorine in order to get this shirt white again (I mean really - why WHITE uniform shirts anyway?). I take a deep breath and decide not to sweat the small stuff.
The yard duty teacher loads Matt into the car and out of the corner of my eye, sure enough, Mrs. Jones comes dashing across the courtyard asking me to wait. Uh oh.....oh yea, BIG trouble today. Guess he wouldn't listen AT ALL, ended up having all of his things taken out of his desk and confiscated, and he lost his recess play time, AND I have to go talk to his teacher tomorrow morning to discuss what happened. Oh, and Mrs. Jones made him cry. I guess it's a big of an adjustment to kindergarten....but from here it appears that I have a Pigpen on my hands.
So we pull out of the parking lot and I had to go all the way up to San Jacinto to go get my textbooks. So i have a very cranky kid and one extremely lost mommy. Let me just say that San Jacinto is NOT the place to get lost. Finally found the college and let's say that I was extremely worried that my van would not be there when I got back. And I'm towing a kid that looks like he lost a fight to Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. So we get my books, pile back into the car and next thing you know my boss is calling me to go over some issue and that takes half an hour. Pulled into the driveway and sure enough the gas reserve light goes on and I know I don't have any stain remover for Matt's shirt. So I quickly feed the kids, diffuse a major Matt tantrum (and in the process am the worst mom ever because I took away TV for a week), and have to run back out to fill the van with $65 worth of gas and made a quick stop to get stain remover. Luckily, it's now 9 and the kids have been in bed for 25 minutes....and I've adequately vented into cyberspace!
Boy am I tired. And tomorrow I get to look forward to having "the talk" with Mrs. Jones. Thank God it's Friday.
8.14.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment