8.17.2008

BREATHE!!!

Had a really good day yesterday and had a few thoughts about it. First, I packed the ankle-biters up and headed to the farmer's market. Old Town Temecula has this really small but fantastic farmer's market that I go to as often as I can get away with as long as everything from the prior trip doesn't end up going to waste. The day's finds: hummus, pita chips, fresh basil, grapefruits the size of Meghan's head, oranges, tomatoes, Maui onions, cucumbers that are almost embarrassing, kumquats, and of course the obligatory fresh cut flowers. For some reason Matt loves having them in the house almost as much as I do and it's the highlight of the trip for him because he gets to pick out which ones we take home. Best part is that you can find all of this yummy, beautiful organicness for $25. Gotta love it. Not sure what it is, but everything tastes better from that place. When you combine that with the fact that you're helping local growers and the fact that it's all organic, there isn't anything not to love about it. Sometimes I just crave that simplicity.

Got a couple other errands out of the way and went and had a massage at this little place that just opened. Had the joy of having a masseuse who actually knows what deep tissue really means. I pretty much almost fell asleep during the massage (which is weird because it's semi-tough) and am looking forward to a return trip, although it probably won't be any time soon. I will say that I am sore today and feel like I have bruises, but I guess that means my knots got worked out.

Not sure what it is/was about all that that was so holistic, but it was a good day. Maybe it's just because some of us tend to overstack our schedules or get caught up in the daily grind, but it was so refreshing and healing just to enjoy things that are so very basic and human. I know we're put on this Earth to enjoy all of these things, so why is it that sometimes we keep ourselves too busy to do so? It's funny how sometimes we make things so complicated (sometimes we even do it to ourselves!) so that we crave simplicity to a flaw almost. Guess someone just finally stopped and took a breath.

Hey, for now I am enjoying my knot-free neck, eating a beautiful tomato and going to curl up in bed with still-warm-from-the-dryer-sheets with a new book. And the kids are asleep. And I think I managed to save Matt's shirt that got spaghetti and red Gatorade all over it from almost-certain death. And I get to see Dave Matthews Band in concert this week.......life is good :-).

No comments: